These are a perfect way to use leftover jacket potatoes, as they require precooked potatoes, although I appreciate that probably doesn’t happen that often! That said, they are good enough to bake potatoes for especially!
These are incredibly juicy, crispy and moreish!
- 2 Cooked baking potatoes
- 150g (5oz.) grated or chopped cheese (e.g. cheddar)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. of mixed herbs
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400F).
- Half the jackets, and scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Reserving a little cheese to sprinkle on top, mix the potato with all the other ingredients.
- Fill each jacket with the mixture, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Adding any of the following:
- Chilli – e.g. finely chopped jalapeno, to taste.
- Bacon – a couple of crispy rashers broken into pieces.
- Tuna – e.g canned tuna mixed in with the potatoes.