A lovely dish, that is quick and simple.
- 16 oz. (250g) mushrooms (chestnut or small button mushrooms, otherwise use your favourite)
- 1 oz. (30g) Butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. mixed herbs.
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. of pepper
- To Serve: thick crusty bread, baguette, or rolls.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Melt the butter in a small pan then add the onions and garlic, fry until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook at a medium heat for a couple of minutes stirring constantly.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to absolute minimum then cover with a tight fitting lid. Leave the garlic mushrooms to sweat for at least ten minutes, stirring occasionally.