- 8 oz / 230 g cream cheese
- 8 oz / 230 g fresh crab or canned crab meat, drained and flaked
- 4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tspn light soy sauce
- 1/2 tspn. pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1 small bowl water
- Oil for deep-frying
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (up to the wonton wrappers).
- Place 1 level tsp. of filling in the middle of a wrapper.
- Wet the wonton wrappers midway along the sides (where the 4 arrows point in the picture below)
- Pinch 2 adjacent sides together, then the other two. Finally bring the two pinches together.
- Keep the completed Crab Rangoon covered with a damp towel or paper towel to keep them from drying out while preparing the remainder.
- Heat oil in wok or saucepan for deep-frying (180C / 360F degrees) carefully add the Crab Rangoon, but do not overcrowd the pan.
- Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and
Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce! (Or indeed, whatever sauce you’d like!)