- Take the steak out of the packet, place on a cake rack – and leave it in the fridge for 2 days. (This allows the steak to dry out a little, concentrating the flavours)
- Allow the steak to return to room temperature before cooking it (about 2hrs).
- Only season the steak with salt before cooking – and pepper after. (Other wise the pepper will burn when it fries.)
- Heat up sunflower oil until it starts to smoke.
- Add the steak (laying away from you so you don’t get splashed by hot oil!) and then cook for 2-3 minutes turning every 15 seconds. (This allows for the highest amount of Milliard reaction without burning!)
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature: rare 45C (116F) / medium 55C (131F) / well done 65C (149F).
- Let the steak rest! (This is so important!)
Looking for a sauce?