This takes a bit of the hassle out of cooking a paella. The Spanish would add what ever they have to hand – or prefer – so you can swap the ingredients at will!
- 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g/10oz risotto rice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 200g/7oz chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 litre/1¾ pints hot chicken stock
- pinch of saffron strands
- 8 large, raw prawns
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in the rice, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, chicken stock, saffron and some salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.