- 4 chicken breast filets (or portions of turkey breast)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices of mild cheese, such as Dutch or Swiss
- Plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Using a wooden meat hammer, or rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts to about ½ cm (¼ inch) thick.
- Lay out the chicken breasts and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese and a slice of ham. Roll the chicken up tightly.
- Dredge the rolls in flour, then egg and then in the bread crumbs, coating them well. Use toothpicks to hold them together if needed.
- Shallow fry to seal, then place in a baking pan, seam side down and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.