- 180g minced pork
- 200g prawns, coarsely chopped
- 170 g of water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 dessert spoon garlic
- 1 dessert spoon ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 20-25 sheets round wonton wrappers
- a pinch of salt
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together. (Pork -> pepper)
- Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl. Lay out the wonton wrappers and place 1-1/2 teaspoons of filling in the centre of each. Brush edges with corn starch mixture. Gather edges together and twist to close.
- To stop them drying out while you shape the rest, cover the finished shumai with a damp cloth until you have finished the whole batch.
- To cook, half fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Line a steamer with non stick baking paper, and steam for ~3 minutes.
To serve, combine:
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 small scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced