By adding a little instant mash, and dredging the chicken twice, you’ll get some super tasty, super crunchy finger lickin’ chicken!
- 1kg chicken, (drumsticks, thighs, or 1/2 breasts with the wings attached)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt (table salt)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potato powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- oil for frying 180 / 350
- In a shallow bowl, or on a plate, mix the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs and instant mashed potato.
- In another bowl or plate, mix the eggs.
- Dip the pieces of chicken first in the egg, then in the mix. Set aside for 20 minutes, then repeat.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry the chicken pieces to 180C (360F).
- Fry until golden brown.