- 2 hardboiled eggs
- sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Equal amount of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, whole (optional, add more if desired)
- 750ml stock (1½ pints)
- 2 table spoons of soya sauce
- 2 portions of chicken (or prawns, tofu, etc.)
- 4-5 mushrooms (preferably oyster)
- 1/2 pak choi (or a good handful of spinach)
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1-2 sprigs of coriander
- 1-2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Slice of lime
- In a large saucepan, sweat the garlic, ginger and chillies in the sesame oil.
- Add the chicken breasts (or alternative), until the chicken starts to colour. Then add the mushrooms – fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Once the broth has come to the boil, add the noodles and pak choi (1/4 per person). Cook for 3 minutes, or according to the noodles’ instructions.
- When cooked, stir in the bean sprouts, and coriander.
- To serve, remove the chicken and divide the noodles, broth and vegetables between two bowls.
- Slice the chicken breast as thinly as possible, and place on the noodles, do the same with the boiled egg, and top up with any remaining broth.
- Garnish with spring onions, sesame seeds, and slice of lime.