- 100 ml plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 250ml breadcrumbs
- 2 fillets of preferred white fish (such as cod or pollock)
- Oil for deep frying
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate containers, or dishes, that are at least as large as the pieces of fish being cooked.
- Dip each piece of fish first in the flour, then the egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil to 185C (370F). Cook until golden brown. Scoop them out and transfer to a warm dish lined with kitchen paper.
- Keep them warm while you fry the remaining fish, then serve straight away.
You can find a recipe for tartare sauce here.