- 350g (about 2 breasts) of diced chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300g of mixed vegetables (e.g. broccoli, mushrooms, and carrots)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 250ml stock
- 150ml single cream
- 1 tsp. of marmite
- 1 dessert spoon of corn starch or plain flour
- 1 pack of pre-rolled puff or shortcrust pastry.
- 1 egg, for glazing pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- In a pan fry the chicken, onions and garlic, season and cook for 4-5 minutes – until the chicken is completely white.
- Add the vegetables and herbs then cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the veg starts to soften.
- Add the stock, cream and marmite, bring to the boil.
- In a glass mix 1 dessertspoon of corn starch or plain flour with 2 tbsp. of cold water. Add to the pot, stirring all the time – until it thickens.
- Pour into the pie dish.
- Put the pastry on a clean flour-dusted, and cut the pastry so it is slightly larger than pie dish.
- Place on top of the pie dish, and press the outside edge of the pastry with a fork or your fingers to make a nice pattern. Brush the top of the pie with milk. Make a small hole in the centre, to allow the steam to escape.
- Place the pie in the oven for 25 mins – until golden brown.