- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp. of tomato puree
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 (19 ounce) cans broad beans
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Stir in chilli flakes, tomato sauce, hot water, parsley, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in beans. Remove from heat and let stand for several minutes to allow flavours to meld.