- 250 ml of fish velouté (a thickened stock)
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 15 g butter
- Lemon juice, to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the wine and shallots. Bring to the boil, then continue to simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the velouté, bring to a simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and serve right away.
If you want to prep the sauce a little in advance, when it is finished pour it into a thermos flask and store in that until you are ready to use it.