- 1 litre chicken velouté
- 240 ml heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste (e.g. 1 dessert spoon)
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, gently heat the heavy cream to just below a simmer, but don’t let it boil. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat the velouté in a separate saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes or until the total volume has reduced by about 250 ml.
- Stir the warm cream into the velouté and bring it back to a simmer for just a moment.
- Stir in the butter, season to taste with salt and white pepper and a dash of lemon juice. Strain through fine sieve and serve right away.
If you want to prep the sauce a little in advance, when it is finished pour it into a thermos flask and store in that until you are ready to use it.