An incredibly versatile super tasty sauce – that goes with anything, from fish to meat to tofu!
This is really simple to make – bung everything into a blender, food process or chop by hand. You can create a smoother more blended sauce, or keep it rough and rustic – its up to you. You can use lemon juice or vinegar, personally I would favour lemon if it is going to be served with fish, vinegar if its going with meat – but really, its up to you!
This elevates something like a steak or roast pork, a foil roast fish, or even roasted vegetables to another level… and its super simple difficult to do!
- 1½-2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small handful capers (~2 tbsp.)
- 1 small handful gherkins/cornichons/pickles (~2-3 tbsp.)
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 2 large handfuls flat-leaf parsley, any thick stalks removed (e.g. 2 small packet of fresh herbs)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, any thick stalks removed (e.g. 1 small packet of fresh herbs)
- 1 handful fresh mint, any thick stalks removed (e.g. 1/2 small packet of fresh herbs)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or similar mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar / or the juice of 2 lemons
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Put everything in a blender or mixer and combine until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste, season and adjust – if its too sharp add a little extra olive oil.