Golden Syrup and hint of lemon make this a delicious, chewy dessert – good served hot or cold.
- 100 ml (6 tablespoons) of golden syrup
- 50 g. (2 oz) of white breadcrumbs – 2oz
- 1 lemon – juice and rind (finely grated)
- 125 g. (5oz) of short crust pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Put golden syrup into a saucepan with breadcrumbs, lemon rind and juice, heat gently until melted.
- Roll out the ready-made short crust pastry evenly, enough to line an 8 inch circular tin with a little extra hanging over
- Pour in syrup mixture.
- Cut off pastry trimming that hangs over the outside of the tray.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until it just starts to brown around the edges.
- Serve hot or cold.