So simple, so easy, so tasty!
This is a great recipe for kids – get you hands in the bowl, get mucky! Its also pretty difficult to mess up…
Shortbread is essentially a 3-2-1 recipe (3 parts flour to 2 parts butter to 1 part sugar) which should mean you never need look up a recipe again.
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- (optional: icing sugar to dust)
- (optional: 100g choc chips)
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Mix in choc chips, if using. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack.