Cauliflower Soup with roasted curried roast cauliflower.
A very simple low calorie dish, with a creamy finish. As spicy food makes you feel fuller, I have laced it with chilli – but this is, of course, completely optional!
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 2 stock cubes (or 3 tsp bullion powder)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes (or powder, or fresh chilli finely diced)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat an oven to 200C (400F, 190 fan, GM 7).
- Break the cauliflower into florets and dice 1 onion.
- Place in a saucepan, add water until they are just covered. Add the stock cubes, garlic, and chilli. Bring to the boil. Simmer until they are just soft (3-5 minutes).
- Mix the curry powder and oil.
- Remove about 1/3 of the florets and toss in the oil/curry mix. Dice the 2nd onion, do this with the the onion too. Roast in the oven until they start to brown.
- Blitz the stock and remaining cauliflower/onion. Taste and add pepper (and salt if needed).
- Take a little out (1 tbs) of the soup and mix it into a stiff paste with the flour. Keep add a little at a time (+1 tbs) until you have a runny mixture – add this back to the soup and stir well. Let it cook for a minute or so. This is the soup finished.
- To serve, place in a bowl and top with the roasted cauliflower and onion.