Which are also known as Pancakes, American Pancakes or drop scones.
Just a few suggestions – really you could pretty much go with whatever you like!
- butter & maple syrup
- Sugar and lemon juice
- Nutella, or similar chocolate spread or sauce
- Fruit/berries and ice cream.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil, or a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm (½in) thick.