A very simple sauce to make, but lovely and rich.
This is perfect for any time you want to jazz something up – over strawberries, profiteroles, even warm over ice-cream – or for a classic like poached pears with a chocolate sauce. You can use dark, milk, or even white chocolate!
- 250 ml/ 9 fl. oz. pouring cream
- 2 vanilla pods, split in half lengthways
- 250g/ 9 oz. white chocolate, broken into pieces.
- Place the cream and vanilla pods in a saucepan and gently heat to just below simmering.
- Remove the vanilla pods, and add the chocolate pieces.
- Stir constantly until smooth.